At Mamas & Papas, we are committed to protecting your personal information. We have published this data protection guide to ensure that you are fully aware of how and why we collect information from you and to whom such information is disclosed.
When do we collect personal data from you?
There are a number of occasions on which personal data may be collected from you. These include;
- You purchase a product at a Mamas & Papas store and pay by credit or debit card
- You order a product from a Mamas & Papas store and pay a deposit for in store collection or home delivery
- You purchase a product from us through our website or over the telephone
- You visit our website without making a purchase
- You provide us with your personal data for product registration
- You provide us with your personal data to enable us to send you e-mail and/or postal marketing
- You participate in a customer survey in store, on-line or over the telephone
- You enter a competition or prize draw in store, on-line or over the telephone
- You return a product to us for refund, exchange or repair
- You make a complaint
- You purchase a Mamas & Papas product through another retailer where we deliver the product directly to you
- You are an independent retailer of Mamas & Papas products and provide us with your personal data in the course of our trading relationship
What personal data do we collect from you?
Depending on how and for what purpose we are collecting personal data from you, this will include one or more of the following items;
- Name, address, telephone number(s) (home, work and mobile) and e-mail address of the person making the purchase and, where different, the recipient
- Name, address, telephone number(s) (home, work and mobile) and e-mail address of any person other than the purchaser of the product from whom we are asked to collect any part of the payment due
- Delivery and billing address
- Collection address (where a product is being returned)
- Credit or debit card details
- Expected or actual date of birth and gender of the child
- Information about any computer used to access our website (such as the IP address)
- E-mail addresses of the recipients of a Gift List
- Information about siblings and lifestyle
- Details of a complaint
- Information collected when you visit our website (whether or not you make a purchase) by “cookies” or other internet technology as described in greater detail below
You must ensure all personal data you provide to us is true and accurate when provided. You agree not to impersonate any other person or to use a false name or personal details which you are not authorised to use.
How do we use the personal data we collect from you?
We and, where applicable, other companies in the Mamas & Papas group, use the personal data you provide us with for the following purposes;
- Fulfilment of the order you have placed with us (or with another retailer) including processing your payment and delivering or making available for collection the purchased product
- Registering your product
- Sending you e-mail, postal and, when available, SMS marketing, where you have subscribed for this, from any company in the Mamas & Papas group
- Sending you vouchers
- Processing a refund or exchange
- Repairing your product
- Sending you information in relation to your product
- Entering you in the competition or prize draw for which you have completed an entry form
- Investigating and responding to any complaint or other correspondence we receive from you
- Monitoring and reviewing our products and service
- Administering, developing and improving our website
- Analysing your browsing patterns to enable us to improve our website and your experience of it including selecting and tailoring products, services and special discounts we think you will be interested in
- Monitoring customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of our website
- To serve website content and advertisements to you
- Complying with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998
- Doing anything which is ancillary to or connected with any of the above purposes
- Until you opt-out, we may notify you about enhancements to our services such as; functionality changes, special features and offers
- Until you opt-out, any carefully selected 3rd parties that we think you will find interesting, may contact you directly
Who will we disclose your personal data to?
In order to fulfil the purposes set out above, we may disclose your personal data to the following third parties;
- The carrier who will deliver your product or collect it from you where we have arranged this
- Someone to whom you have asked us to disclose your personal data or who we have good reason to believe you wish us to disclose your personal data to such as, for example, the recipient of a product you have purchased
- Other companies in the Mamas & Papas group
- Any business we use for or in connection with any part of the order fulfilment process such as the processing of credit card payments
- Any business that looks after or operates any of our computer servers which process personal data
- Any business we use to produce or send out marketing material on our behalf
- Any party to whom it is appropriate or necessary to disclose personal data in connection with any complaint or claim you make to us, such as our insurers or insurance brokers
- Any party to whom we are required or entitled to disclose your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
We will only disclose such personal data to any third party as is necessary to enable them to carry out the function or purpose for which it is disclosed. For example, we will only disclose such personal data to a carrier as is necessary to enable them to deliver or collect your product.
Except for other companies in the Mamas & Papas group, we do not sell or otherwise disclose any personal data to any third party so that they can send you their marketing material.
By providing us with your personal information you consent to our processing your personal data for the above purposes. You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary, for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure your information is protected.
The personal information you are required to provide when you register should be true and accurate at the time of completion. You agree not to impersonate any other person or to use a false name or personal details which you are not authorised to use.
How do we protect your information?
We take a range of appropriate technical and organisational measures which are intended to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data. The following are only examples of the various steps we take to protect your personal data.
When you pay for your order online, we work with a reputable third party payment gateway Cybersource. Cybersource uses internet standard encryption technology, Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which encodes your credit card details before it is sent. Furthermore, as required by the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EU Directive) Regulations 2003 we follow strict procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have provided to us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose personal data to you.
We require all third parties to whom any personal data is disclosed to keep it secure, treat it as confidential information and only use it for the purpose of providing their services and to fully comply with all applicable provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Where do we store your personal data?
Your personal data may be stored, used and otherwise processed within the UK and/or any other country(ies) of the European Economic Area (EEA). EEA countries are all member states of the European Union together with Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
We and other companies in the Mamas & Papas group may also store, use or otherwise process personal data outside the EEA. Data protection laws may not be as strong outside the EEA as they are in the EEA. Personal data will not be transferred to a country outside the EEA unless (1) the country to which it is transferred is one which the European Commission considers to provide an adequate level of data protection or (2) the personal data is transferred to a United States company which has signed up to the Privacy Shield scheme or (3) the personal data is transferred to a company which is required by our contract with them only to deal with the data in accordance with our instructions and to maintain appropriate security to protect the personal data which we are satisfied they have.
Our mail server is located in the UK. E-mail addresses, names and postal information are processed through this server. The third party who handles this processing has entered into a contract with us which meets the above requirements.
Credit card payments are processed by a separate company in the United States of America. This company has also entered into a contract with us which meets the above requirements.
What about "cookies"?
What should you do if you no longer wish to receive marketing material from us?
When you create a shopping account while ordering online, you will be given the option of receiving information from Mamas & Papas online, by post, e-mail or, when available, via SMS, about products, promotions, special offers and other details which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to receive such information, please ensure that you do not tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process.
If you do not wish to receive further marketing information from us or other Mamas & Papas group companies such as details of new products, promotions and special offers from us, please sign in to the My Account page on our website and change you communication preferences, call our Customer Services team on 0345 268 2000, or send an email to email@example.com. If you unsubscribe from email communications, it may take up to fourteen working days for this to take effect.
Can you see and change the personal data we hold?
You are generally entitled to ask us what personal data of yours is being held or processed by us, for what purpose and to whom it may be or has been disclosed. We will charge a fee to respond to such a request. We promise to respond to your request within 40 days of receiving your written request and fee. In certain limited circumstances as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998, we are entitled to refuse your request.
If you believe that any of your personal data which we are processing is inaccurate or incorrect please contact us immediately.
If you wish to contact us for any of the above reasons, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Customer Services, Data Requests, Mamas & Papas (Retail) Ltd, Colne Bridge Road, Huddersfield HD5 0RH.
Email a friend
E-mailing a friend enables you to easily notify your friends or family members about a product or service which may be of interest to them. We do not retain e-mail addresses provided by you when using this service.
Until you opt-out to communications from Mamas & Papas, you are consenting to the collection, processing and potential communication from other companies in the Mamas & Papas group.
Change to this Policy
©Mamas & Papas (Retail) Ltd