We love Cybex. So much so that we collaborate with them on our range of trusted car seats. But they don't just make car seats, the do so much more. One of their most exciting products is the Yema baby carrier. Fully supportive and comfortable, with a range of hidden features, time we got to know it a little better...
The Yema is more than a stylish baby carrier, which offers ergonomic carrying positions for your baby. Awarded the ‘Hip Healthy’ certification by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute, it’s a safe, supportive way to carry your baby.
Offering a choice of positions for baby, you can alternate between them for the most comfortable and supportive fit. The positions are:
Babies can be carried facing the chest from birth. The baby carrier encourages the correct posture in the spread-squat position, which can help the hip joints to develop correctly.
Babies with good head and bottom control (from around 6 months) can be carried in the YEMA CLICK on your back, making it easy for parents to bear the baby's weight.
Babies that can hold their own head (from around 3-4 months) can also be carried in the side position. This allows them to rest against mum’s shoulder while taking in their surroundings.
The Yema’s well thought-through functionality is only visible when you look closer. We took a closer look at five hidden features…
The stepless adjustment of the seat panel grows with your baby. Its width adjusts to cover the distance between baby’s knee hollows to help ensure an ergonomic position.
- Covers the distance between the backs of baby’s knees
- Stepless adjustment for every age (3.5kg – 12kg)
- Helpful guide inside states the approximate age of the child for easy adjustment
- The seat panel adjustment is invisibly integrated into the hip belt
The cotton lining of the Yema is made from the wrap-like fabric. The smart fabric is diagonally elastic and offers a close, custom fit around baby’s body. This way, the head and the naturally rounded back receive optimised support.
- Made from 100% cotton
- Static in woof and warp, but diagonally elastic
- Snuggles around baby’s back, offering optimised support
The adjustable headrest is an important feature that supports the head of infants or sleeping babies. Hidden in an invisible pocket, the headrest can be pulled out or stowed as needed.
- Adjustable – the headrest offers optimum support for baby’s head without covering the face
- Hidden – for a modern design with clean lines, the head rest is placed in the hidden pocket when it’s not in use
- Covered – the hooks of the headrest are covered by the baby carrier’s fabric during non-use
Did you know? The Yema is so-called ‘halfbuckle carrier’ where the shoulder straps are tied and the hip belt is closed with a buckle.
Putting on the carrier starts with the hip belt. At this time, the shoulder straps dangle down loosely and touch the floor, which is not nice and even less hygienic. The integrated storage loop for shoulder straps makes it easy to avoid this.
- The shoulder straps are place in the storage loop before you start tying the carrier
- Easy-to-reach shoulder straps make it easy to put on the Yema by yourself
The security loop helps provide optimised safety by preventing the complete opening of the hip belt. Should the buckle have been opened unintentionally, the security loop stops the hip belt from opening.
- This safety feature is nearly invisible integrated into the clean design of the Yema
- When closed, part of the buckle is covered by the hip belt fabric
Available in a range of fabrics and prints, including our iconic crocodile-leather look, Birds of Paradise, and Hide and Seek designs, Yema transforms the aesthetics of traditional baby carriers into a veritable accessory that seamlessly fits into modern wardrobes.